- Standard use as a stand-alone protective coating, no painting required.
- Can also be applied to bare metal as a paint primer.
- Forms a strong, flexible, transparent protective coating.
- Ideal for automotive, industrial, marine and general use.
- Also suited as a protective coating over painted surfaces.
- Long-Term protection.
- Will dramatically reduce corrosion from electrolysis.
- Dries to a flexible and non-scaling coat.
RustStop™ RX200™ can be applied onto already painted surfaces, new steel surfaces, and, even rusted surfaces.
Once applied, RustStop™ RX200™ penetrates into every microscopic crack and crevice of the metal expelling any traces of moisture or oxygen, as it dries, it completely seals the surface, thus preventing the moisture carrying oxygen from entering and also bonds with the metal. Put simply, RustStop™ RX200™ suffocates the metal/rust – thus preventing the substrate from breathing. RustStop™ RX200™ dries to a flexible, water repellent, non-conducting, long-lasting coat that is capable of handling very high heat. RustStop™ RX200™ is a easy to use, solid-state coating, that does not crack or peel.
RustStop™ RX200™ dries to a transparent coat; therefore visual inspection of equipment and surfaces is not impaired.When applied as directed, a two-coat treatment of RustStop™ RX200™ will give long term rust protection under the harshest conditions.
INDEPENDENT TEST RESULTS
RustStop™ RX200™ has been tested independently under the international standards including the following organizations SABS ISO 7253.
- ASTM-B117* Salt Fog Test – 1,000 hours, no sign of any rust or defects.
- Salt Chamber Test – 250 hours, no affect on RX200 surface.
- Freeze Test – 200 hours at -25°C, no affect on RX200 surface.“RX200™ can truly be classed as a breakthrough in rust protection with numerous unique features.”
- Open Salt Air Test – 3,000 hours, no affect on RX200 surface.
“RX200™ can truly be classed as a breakthrough in rust protection with numerous unique features.” *ASTM-B117-03: American Society for Testing and Materials – Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus
Test Reports are Available on Request
Cars, 4WDs, utes, bikes, trucks, buses, motorhomes, caravans, earth moving vehicles, trailers, inside vehicle body panels, engine compartments, undercarriages, engine, gear box, brake housings, exhausts etc.
Steel pipes, silos, support structures, roofs, cooling towers, heavy-duty moving equipment, heavy-duty equipment and machinery, steel towers, stair cases, metal tanks, bridges, platforms, guard rails, roofs, gutters, sheds, fences, gates etc.
Wharf cranes, gantryʼs, ship and boat internals, boiler rooms, deck railings, deck equipment, off-shore oil rigs, marine equipment, shipping containers, cables, boat trailers etc. “RX200 can be used in virtually any application”
Application Guide SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
RustStop RX200 is a transparent, flexible, long lasting rust and corrosion protection coating for metal surfaces, bare or painted and is even effective on rusted metal, as it penetrates and seals off the rust. It is ideal for any metal exposed to highly corrosive conditions.
RX200 is not intended for use as a final exterior vehicle paint finish.
- Surface preparation: Can be applied to any metal surface, even with existing rust however flaking paint and/or loose rust needs to be removed to ensure maximum penetration. Product works best on matte surfaces. If used on polished or smooth surfaces, a light scouring is recommended to ensure better adhesion. Clean surface with RustStop PrepX or compatible cleaning solvent to remove grease, oil, dirt, etc. Ensure surface is completely dry. Mask or cover adjacent areas to protect from overspray.
- Operating temperatures: Ideal application temperature between 15°C to 50°C.
- Application: Apply using a standard paint spray gun (recommended), paintbrush or enamel roller. Apply successive, thin coats allowing each layer to dry between coats. Applying RX200 too thick will cause a wrinkled finish. Apply subsequent coats once touch dry (approximately 4 hours). Apply 1 to 3 coats according to environmental exposure and conditions. 3 coats is only recommended for highly extreme conditions. Avoid drips, runs and a wrinkled finish by applying successive very thin coats.
- Drying and curing time: Allow 4 hours between coats or until touch dry. RX200 can take up to 24 hours to fully cure ensuring proper surface bonding and ongoing flexibility. These times are typical for temperatures between 15°C to 30°C at 50% humidity. Colder temperatures and higher humidity will result in longer drying and curing times.
- Clean up: Use mineral spirits to clean tools. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after use.
- Coverage: Due to the fact that the first coat penetrates deep into the metallic substrate and existing rust, more product is used, and considerably less will be used for subsequent layers. First coat coverage will be about 8m2 to 10m2 per litre. Coverage for subsequent coats will be between 10m2 and 14m2 per litre.
- Helpful tips: It is extremely important to apply successive very thin coats, rather than one thick coat, to avoid wrinkling. A thin coat will cure quicker and will result in a stronger layer. More product does not mean more protection.
- Storage: Store container in cool, well-‐ventilated area out of direct sunlight. Store above -‐ 15°C. Ensure container is kept air-‐tight to prevent evaporation. During use, remove product to be used from container and replace the lid.
RX200 Container Options
205L Drum available on request
Download MSDS PDF